QuitSmokingUK.com is the UK’s online community for people who are trying
to quit smoking.
Here people who are trying to quit can get support, up-to-date advice
and even have a bit of a laugh!
1. What is the website's personality?
2. What can
quitsmokinguk.com do for me?
3. About the person
1. What is the website’s personality?
Not matron. Not government. Just a down to earth community of peers – this
is a site that’s for quitting smokers by quitting smokers.
"If QuitSmokingUK.com were a person it would
probably be a cross between Clare Raynor and Graham Norton. That’s expert
advice, home truths and support whenever you need it but also quite a bit of
2. What can quitsmokinguk.com do for me?
quitsmokinguk.com could be your most important weapon in the battle to quit
smoking and stay quit.
- Up-to-date information, from key sources all
over the world, on how to quit smoking successfully.
- Reasons to quit (Scary facts, Vanity facts, Penis facts, Female
facts, Fertility facts, Pregnancy facts, Passive Smoking facts, What’s in
a Cigarette and Famous Dead Smokers) that help to motivate.
- Tailor-made Quitting Tools (including a Smoker’s Personality Quiz
and a Nicotine Dependency Test) and step-by-step advice for successful
quitting that helps to guide smokers through the confusing and often
terrifying jungle of quitting.
- Don’t Quit Alone: this is where the benefits of the interactive
community really kick in, firstly with Discussion Groups (e.g. Quit
and Tell) and Chat (The Quitters’ Café). Here people trying to
quit smoking can ask questions, share stories, get feedback and advice (and
give it too!). There are also other areas on the site where people can post
poems and jokes (Poets’ & Jokers’ Corner), debate burning
issues (The Soap Box) and post their quitting dates (The Winners’
Gallery – if "you’ve Quit and you’re Proud!").
- Get involved: this is an interactive community so people are able to
get involved by becoming chat hosts online or writing articles that are
published on the site (e-mail email@example.com)
- Personal Ads: these provide people who are trying to quit, the
opportunity to be Smokefree Together, and to meet new friends or, perhaps,
even a new romantic interest…
- Free e-mail: free e-mail addresses for the smokefree (or soon to be smokefree): @quitsmokinguk.com, @smokefreegirl.com, @smokefreeboy.com, @sexyandsmokefree.com,
- The Pleasure Zone: if all else fails and you’re going to crack at
any moment, take your mind off the cravings with The Pleasure Zone where you’ll
find arcade games, a Cursebot, three dotty Jersey cows and a lottery number
- New content daily: health, current affairs, sport and entertainment
- Links: great weblinks to other sites and organisations that can help
with the quitting effort.